Mr. Richey practices primarily in the areas of business law, commercial litigation and probate. He also devotes a portion of his practice to defending the rights of parents and children in divorce, child custody and CPS litigation. His probate practice encompasses most areas of estate and trust administration, representing executors, trustees, heirs and beneficiaries in contested and uncontested matters.
Mr. Richey also serves as General Counsel for several Austin businesses. In this capacity, he is consulted on a regular basis regarding the day-to-day issues affecting his clients. He has handled a broad range of business law issues including contract drafting, negotiation, and enforcement, business entity formation, shareholder agreements, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-competition agreements, independent contractor agreements, employee manuals, employee termination, and real estate lease agreements.
Mr. Richey built his practice almost exclusively on referrals from other lawyers and current or former clients. He is grateful for the trust and confidence that his clients and other attorneys have placed in him and he works hard to continue to earn that trust.
Attorney at Law
1910 Justin Lane
Austin, Texas 78757
- Defended LLC in breach of contract case involving the transfer of title to real estate. Prosecuted counterclaim and obtained judgment against Plaintiff.
- Defended homeowner against lawsuit from Homeowner's Association alleging violation of deed restrictions. Obtained summary judgment for client, including attorney's fees.
- Prosecuted claim of negligence on behalf of software company against data storage company. Confidential settlement reached.
- Prosecuted claim of breach of fiduciary duty against Independent Executor of an Estate on behalf of beneficiary. Confidential settlement reached.
- Prosecuted will contest on behalf of beneficiary of estate. Confidential settlement reached.
- Obtained dismissal for engineer in complex, multi-party case, with allegations of professional negligence.
- Prosecuted homeowner's claims against neighbor for negligence and violations of the Water Code. Confidential Settlement reached.
Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 2000)
- Williamson County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section
- State Bar of Texas, Child Protection Section